Thrift Store Lead Cashier
THE SALVATION ARMY
Looking for a place where Doing the Most Good is a mission?
The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
TITLE: Full-Time Lead Cashier
Other position also available – Check them out athttps://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/usc/employment/
LOCATION : 9997 University Ave, West Des Moines, IA
We offer a competitive employee benefit program for our full time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, paid holidays, and paid sick days.
Supports Management with product sales and acquisition; store maintenance and appearance; customer development and retention; and banking and record keeping procedures.
Essential Functions:This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
– Proficiently uses cash register and is able to assist others in basic register problem-solving.
– Implements store opening and closing procedures as assigned.
– Supports management with banking and reporting procedures.
– Applies cash handling procedures for opening and closing of registers.
– Makes bank runs and daily deposits.
– Reports Store product acquisition, production and sales as requested.
– Implement assigned strategies to meet product acquisition, production and sales goals.
– Know the product acquisition, production and sales goals for the day.
– Knows the product rotation process and is diligent in turning product over.
– Communicates with central warehouse to place orders for next days processing when assigned.
– Supports management with store maintenance and appearance.
– Follow procedures for maintenance and safety concerns.
– Checks to make sure displays and floor layout plans are being followed and updated.
– Looks for ways to improve appearance and appeal of store to customers.
– Support management in creating an enjoyable shopping experience with positive Customer Service skills.
– Handles Customer Complaints as needed.
– Communicates with the Store Management regarding all facets of the stores operations keeping them updated and sharing all incidents and concerns when they are not in the store.
– Supports management in creating a positive understanding of policies and procedures.
– Directs complaints and criticism to management.
– Supports the protection of the resources under their supervision.
– Implement Product Control Procedures preventing shrinkage through theft or spoilage.
– Control property, utility and product supply waste.
– Other Duties: Other duties as assigned by manager or assistant manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
High School Graduate or Equivalent.
– Has Retail experience.
– Experience following and giving direction.
Valid Drivers License and has transportation to and from the bank.
– Ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication with customers, management and co workers.
– Basic computer skills including but not limited to the use of the Point of Sales System; the payroll program and all other programs or systems that are adopted by the TSA ARC.
– Ability to give change accurately.
Gives direction to the staff as assigned or in the absence of a manager or assistant manager.
Documents and reports to management any concerns in behavior or attitude.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Regularly required to stand; use hands, handle, or feel; and hear or talk
– Required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
– Occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
– Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
May be required to travel to various locations for work or training
– Store environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
– May be dusty and may experience temperature fluctuations based on weather.
– May stand for extended periods.
– Will requires Saturday and evening hours.