Sr Cloud DevOps Engineer (USGov OCI Cloud)
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As a member of Infrastructure Systems Development DevSecOps team, youll be required to provide excellent solutions for Cloud operations and provisioning. Youll be building, managing and supporting internal/external systems on the Cloud. Youll be responsible for Continuous Integration of Development changes, and making sure that the health of all systems is great.
Youll also be responsible for the patching and upgrades of all components of the system and be tasked with automation of each and every operational task so that the manual intervention/effort can be eliminated.
The job requires you to be well accustomed with different DevOps tools and technologies. An aptitude towards fast learning, adapting to fast changes, and motivation towards automation of everything is a must. Past experience in managing databases, administering middle and web tiers is preferred. Programming/scripting knowledge for automation of tasks is a must. You should be motivated to work in an independent environment, curious to learn and implement new tools/technologies with a confidence to work and fix any technical issue that comes along.
– Experience of working in a challenging work environment and track record of meeting project timelines
– Candidate must possess sound analytical ability with innovative mindset to handle complex implementation scenarios
– Excellent communication skills. English language.
– Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience
MUST BE US CITIZEN with ability to obtain and maintain government clearance of SECRET or above
– 8 years of experience on DevOps Tools/Skills, Programming/Scripting language (Bash/shell, Python, pl/sql etc.)
– 6 years of experience Jenkins/Hundson, ant builds, GIT Source Control Administration
– Very comfortable with Linux
– 3 years of experience administering Oracle Databases and Oracle APEX setup
– 3 years of experience on Oracle Cloud Technologies like OCI SDK, OCI Functions
– 3 years of experience on Docker, Kubernetes (Preferably OKE)
– 3 years of experience working on CI/CD using GitLab/Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
– Bachelors degree or above in Computer Science Engineering or Equivalent
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the United States only
Hiring Range: from $94,200 to $223,500 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
9. 11 paid holidays
10. Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
11. Paid parental leave
12. Adoption assistance
13. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
14. Financial planning and group legal
15. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40 years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer