UPMC North Central Pa. is seeking a full-time BE/BC Pediatrician to join our established pediatric team in Coudersport, Pennsylvania . UPMC Cole is a modern, progressive 25-bed critical access hospital located on a large, well-maintained campus with a service area covering 55,000 people living in six counties in North Central Pennsylvania and Western New York. UPMC Cole owns and operates eleven primary care and eighteen specialty medical practices located in Coudersport and the counties that surround the hospital.
As an employed service partner, you will benefit from:
· MGMA competitive salary and benefit package
· Annual incentive bonuses
· Generous CME days and dollars
· Medical malpractice
· Robust retirement and benefits package
UPMC in North Central Pa. consists of five hospitals, including UPMC Cole, UPMC Lock Haven, UPMC Muncy, UPMC Wellsboro, and UPMC Williamsport, and various medical office locations. Our network of more than 600 experienced physicians, surgeons, mid-level providers, and caregivers strive to provide clinically excellent health care through a wide range of services. Caring for a 12-county region, we employ practitioners in a broad range of specialties recognized at the national and state levels for quality of care. In fiscal year 2020, we provided more $51.5 million in community benefit to those in the regions we serve.
M.D. or D.O.
Any Experience Level
Start Date: ASAP
Physician employment is with UPMC Cole with an initial agreement requiring a minimum 36-month term. Candidates not requiring a Visa may be presented with a 48-month term.
Compensation is based on MGMA median as surveys are released
Relocation reimbursement stipend is negotiable
Signing bonus is negotiable based on initial term
Retention bonus is negotiable (Candidate must extend contract commitment for at least two additional years past the initial term)
6 weeks per contract year are allotted for vacation, holidays, CME and personal time off
Occurrence based Malpractice Insurance is included in package
Health Insurance is available for the Physician and dependents with routine employee participation
Access to Dental and Vision Insurance is available at the employees expense
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances are provided
Life Insurance is provided
457(B) and 403(B) Retirement plans are immediately available with an employer match for the 403(B) program
Professional association/ society dues/ reimbursement for CME up to $6,000/year if approved by Hospital
Legal Assistance with visa, if needed
· The pediatric team consists of three Pediatricians, and one part-time APP
· Patients are seen in both the outpatient & inpatient setting
· Two busy established practices and one smaller site staffed by an APP
· Practices are open weekdays with flexible hours
· Patients are supported off hours by Express Care, pediatric provider on call, and the emergency department.
· Workload is expected to be between 350-400 encounters per month.
· Approximately 220 to 250 deliveries per year (Pediatrician on-call attends these when requested by OB/GYN.)
· Nursery typically has 0-3 newborns. Rarely are pediatric patients admitted to UPMC Cole, very sick children and infants are usually transferred to a children’s hospital.
Must be qualified for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.