Rochester Regional Health
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
Works under the direction of the Registered Nurse, providing close observation of patients. Is responsible for direct observation of the patient who is identified to be at risk for harming self/others, if left alone. May perform assistive care, such as, but not limited to, setting up patients tray, reading to the patient, ambulating with the patient that ambulates independently. The sitter may assist with personal care as directed by a nurse and if within the training and skills of the sitter.
Join the Massena Hospital (MH) team and be part of our mission to provide top-notch healthcare to our community! Massena Hospital is a vital part of our community, offering exceptional healthcare services in a welcoming and compassionate environment. We are an acute care facility with 25 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical, and pediatric care.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
SCHEDULE: 8hr Variable Shifts
1. Positions self in patient room at bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the nurse.
2. Must possess good interpersonal skills, patience and the ability to deal with confused, sometimes uncooperative patients, and/or be with patients experiencing depression and/or suicide ideations. Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members.
3. Obtains verbal report from the patients nurse to include information regarding the patients identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.). Obtains instruction from nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
4. Observant of the patients activity and behavior and reports any concerns or changes with the patient directly to the licensed nursing staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
5. (Maintains a safe and clean environment.
6. Accurately and legibly records data collected.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: S – Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
PAY RANGE: $15.61 – $19.81
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Minimum Salary: 15.61
Maximum Salary: 19.81
Salary Unit: Hourly