H2M architects + engineers
H2M architects engineers , a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, environmental consulting firm based in NY and NJ currently has an opening for a Proposal Specialist with a background in proposals to join our Marketing team in Parsippany, NJ and Melville, NY. As an integral member of the H2M team, the Proposal Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the design, execution and production of simple to complex proposal submissions. The Proposal Specialist must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and function effectively as part of a team under multiple deadlines and time constraints.
The Proposal Specialist will create non-technical content and influence design while coordinating project details with the technical staff. S/he will ensure qualifications and compliance requirements are met while driving the production schedule to ensure accurate and timely completion of each proposal. The successful candidate will be part of an energetic and creative team and will have visibility at all levels within the organization.
AE experience is a plus, but not required. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team member who is a quick learner, able to keep up in a fast-paced environment, and asks questions to develop a deep understanding of the industry and organization.
- Develop, execute, and produce competitive proposals and qualifications aligned with strategic business goals and in compliance with best practices
- Execute the proposal team strategy and meet production schedule to ensure a timely response.
- Perform detailed analysis of RFQ/RFP documents and develop detailed compliance and responsibility matrices.
- Follow up with the proposal team on status of all proposal elements and expedite as required.
- Maintain win/loss ratios for proposal, short list and interviews.
- Maintain customer relationship management database for contact information, opportunity tracking and proposal production.
- Utilize design tools to produce proposal within templates and standards.
- Write non-technical portions of the proposal. Rewrite, retool, edit and organize all written technical materials supplied by support groups.
- Prepare proposal forms, including SF 330s, project and client specific forms for local, state, city and federal government entities.
- Maintain corporate information including job histories, personnel resumes, corporate licenses, individual professional licenses (architects, engineers, etc.) and pre-qualifications.
- Maintain updated information on staff members for purposes of writing resumes/biographies.
- Produce business development and sales presentations in conjunction with technical/management staff using PowerPoint.
- May also perform special projects and other reasonable business-related duties as requested and delegated by the Director of Marketing or Office Manager.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- 5 years of experience with proposal development for a professional services firm
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with InDesign and MS Suite
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, confident, self-directing, and eager to learn
- Works as a team player with the ability to engage and effectively work with employees in other offices
- Ability to travel and work at headquarters when needed
- Ability to collaborate with technical personnel on proposal content and appearance
- Ability to create and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
The salary range for this role is $63, 000 – $80, 000 annually.
The employment offer may deviate from this published range based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, specialty, knowledge, education, geography and/or related certifications – not related to an y applicants characteristics protected by local, state or federal law . Note: The salary or hourly rate indicated does not include other forms of compensation or benefits .H2M is a strong collaborative workplace where people and ideas are always treated with respect. I am encouraged to develop, and I love that I am constantly learning new things and skills” Employee testimonial.
Were passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be, ” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
H2M continually strives to provide our employees and their families a comprehensive benefit experience surrounding their physical and financial well-being. Our benefit offerings are designed to support and enhance your health and well-being. We offer healthcare and wellness benefits, 401(k) retirement savings with up to 6% employer matching contributions with 100% vesting schedule, annual and spot bonus performance programs, flexibility and paid time off. We also offer tuition assistance for continuing education & professional licensure, student loan debt repayment program, technology allowance and excellent professional development programs that are custom designed for employees at all levels.
H2M is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws or regulations. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00
Maximum Salary: 0.00
Salary Unit: Yearly