Senior Electrical Engineer
H2M architects + engineers
H2M Architects Engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, environmental consulting firm in the NY Metropolitan Area seeks a licensed Senior Project Electrical Engineer to join our Melville, NY team.
Although their work may be hidden in ceilings, behind walls, and under floors, H2Ms mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers treat it like the main event. With a focus on developing detailed, quality drawings, they meet with each client to establish the full scope of work before putting pen to paper. By spending time in the field, taking measurements, and asking the right questions, they ensure a level of detail that simplifies the bid and construction process and results in fewer change orders. Our MEP solutions place an emphasis on building performance, energy efficiency, and occupant comfort. And while our efforts might not be visible inthe finished product, the effortlessness they bring to our clients buildings operations will be.
Come join our multi-disciplined team of architects, engineers and environmental scientists in our Melville office.Were looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer with 6 years experience in a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems. In this role, you will work with other MEP engineers as part of a multi-disciplined design team.Working with architects, civil engineers, and environmental scientists, you will be executing electrical engineering design work for both public and private clients.You will also coordinate the efforts of both in-house and outside teams who handle power generation, distribution, low voltage, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security system design.
Were looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who is just as comfortable managing the work as they are interfacing with clients and helping us build our business.As a part of the H2M Team, you will have the support of our 450 staff to help you succeed in all aspects of your work. Were passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our 85 plus year legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment.
Join our diverse team of passionate employees who deliver excellence to our clients every day.
- Design of electrical systems such as power distribution, stand-by power generation, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security systems.
- Supervise a group of Electrical Engineers in project design and development tasks, including drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and specifications, respond to client questions and comments, review contractor submittals, and provide clarifications during construction.
- Review electrical department design documents for completion and ensure department personnel adhere to accepted industry and company standards.
- Assist in the development of company quality standards and procedures.
- Work closely with management and electrical department leadership to develop and implement electrical short- and long-range manpower and production plans to meet project objectives.
- Assist in business development initiatives to pursue new projects including participation in client presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Education (Minimum required): BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Experience (Minimum required): 7years of experience with a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry, including the Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that pertain to the industry.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software).
- LEED Accreditation and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and Easy Power desired.
- Ability to mentor junior level staff.
- Experience with HVAC and plumbing systems a plus.
The salary range for this role is $110, 000 – $150, 000 annually.
The employment offer may deviate from this published range based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, specialty, knowledge, education, geography and/or related certifications – not related to an y applicants characteristics protected by local, state or federal law . Note: The salary or hourly rate indicated does not include other forms of compensation or benefits .H2M is a strong collaborative workplace where people and ideas are always treated with respect. I am encouraged to develop, and I love that I am constantly learning new things and skills” Employee testimonial.
Were passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be, ” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
H2M continually strives to provide our employees and their families a comprehensive benefit experience surrounding their physical and financial well-being. Our benefit offerings are designed to support and enhance your health and well-being. We offer healthcare and wellness benefits, 401(k) retirement savings with up to 6% employer matching contributions with 100% vesting schedule, annual and spot bonus performance programs, flexibility and paid time off. We also offer tuition assistance for continuing education & professional licensure, student loan debt repayment program, technology allowance and excellent professional development programs that are custom designed for employees at all levels.
H2M is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws or regulations. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00
Maximum Salary: 0.00
Salary Unit: Yearly