Waldo Community Action Partners
This job was posted by https://joblink.maine.gov : For more information,
please see: https://joblink.maine.gov/jobs/1030223
WALDO COMMUNITY ACTION
PARTNERS JOB DESCRIPTION
Drivers (Bus Driver, Van Driver, Car Driver, and Substitute Drivers)
are responsible for picking up and discharging passengers according
to trip assignments. Responsible for passenger safety and vehicle
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes pre- and post-trip inspections of the vehicle to be driven
by checking each item on the inspection form, noting any defects;
determines if vehicle defects noted are safety related and certifying
such with a signature; takes the vehicle out of service and notifies
dispatch when a safety defect has been noted.
2. Leaves a copy of the previous days Pre- / Post-Trip Vehicle
Inspection form in the vehicle until the close of business on the next
3. Reports any criminal or motor vehicle violations to Administration.
4. Cleans windows, mirrors and lights daily.
5. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the
workplace; reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents
immediately to supervisor.
1. Drives a car, van or bus, picking up and discharging passengers as
2. Follows all state and Federal Motor Vehicle Laws.
3. Assists frail and elderly passengers from their door, to and onto
the vehicle, as well as from the vehicle
to the door of their destination.
4. Secures all passengers in their seats before moving vehicle.
5. Carries parcels for frail, elderly and disabled passengers.
6. Follows all applicable Program and Agency Policies and Procedures.
7. Reports to dispatch when running behind schedule.
8. Reports no-shows to dispatch immediately.
9. Assists wheelchair or scooter bound customers to and from the bus.
10. Loads and unloads secure wheelchair or scooter and physically
challenged passengers in the bus.
1. Washes and cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle as needed
to keep the vehicle looking
2. Ensures that preventative maintenance services are complete by
making and keeping appointments at
the maintenance facility (in cooperation with the Assistant Operations
Manager) on the assigned
vehicle within a 500 mile window of each 5,000 mile interval.
3. Delivers assigned vehicle to the maintenance facility within a 500
mile window of each 5,000 mile
interval and picks up and signs off, indicating that the service or
repairs were made on the Pre- and
Post-Trip Inspection Form when picking up the assigned vehicle from the
Drivers (Bus Driver, Van
Driver, Car Driver, and
Transit Systems Driver
1. Records beginning and ending odometer readings on trip manifest, and
records odometer readings for
each passenger pick up and drop off on the trip manifest.
2. Records starting and ending time on the trip manifest, and records
the actual time for each passenger
pick up and drop off on the trip manifest.
3. Signs the trip manifest.
4. Collects any fees or fares, recorded on the trip manifest, and signs
in at the office daily.
5. Forwards trip manifests to Administration daily.
6. Forwards the Pre- and Post -rip Inspection Form to administration
according to established
7. Runs errands and performs light housekeeping as assigned.
8. Reports suspected neglect and abuse to supervisor immediately.
9. Submits directions and special instruction recommended changes
1. Participates in any required trainings, meetings and professional
Leadership & Teamwork
1. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective
communication processes across agencies.
2. Adheres to the policies in the use of computer technology and all
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Be committed to the Agencys Mission, Vision and Values.
Maintain adequate knowledge of all WCAP programs in order to make
referrals to other programs
beneficial to the client, his/her family or friends.
Maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective
Maintain confidentiality of clients, staff, and intern