Clin Pharmacist, Refill Center
Beth Israel Lahey Health
When you join the growing BILH team, youre not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Clin Pharmacist, Refill Center
Job Summary: The Clinical Pharmacist, Refill Center provides comprehensive clinical pharmacy support in collaboration with the clinics of BIDMC in managing the prescription refill process with the goal to improve operational efficiencies and deliver enhanced refill and medication management services. The Pharmacist will practice under the scope of agreement to provide appropriate and safe refill authorization. This position will also support pharmacy operations under the supervision of the pharmacy integrations manager. Pharmacist is expected to provide continuity of care to patients who require refills and enhanced patient care through education, monitoring and follow-up.
1. Practices pharmacy in accordance with laws, rules and regulation of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy, Department of Public Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and Drug Enforcement Administration and in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Maintains credentials in accordance with Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy.
2. Monitors patients in a specific specialty service/ pharmacy, including collecting patient-specific data, interpreting drug-related laboratory results, performing relevant physical assessments, consulting patients, and identifying patient goals of therapy.
3. Under protocol and guidelines, initiates, adjusts, monitors and recommends changes in drug therapy based on information obtained through patient consults, assessment of medical records, objective monitoring parameters, adverse effect management, and review of medication profiles.
4. Provides patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and optimizing patient outcomes, drug utilization, and patient compliance, detecting and/or minimizing ADRs, eliminating unnecessary drug use and duplication
5. Supports pharmacy services by being capable of dispensing prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by reviewing prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy.
6. Directs pharmacy workers engaged in packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals, and answering questions and provides information to patients on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
7. Ensures inventory and documentation of controlled substances per laws and regulations.
8. Provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of program as well as oversight of clinical decision-making aspects of program
9. Supervises the pharmacy technicians and workflow; intervenes and follows protocol when necessary to correct information. Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
1. Bachelors degree in Pharmacy required.
2. License Massachusetts Pharmacist required.
3. 0-1 years related work experience required.
4. Understanding of insurance and adjudication processes.
5. Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
1. Doctoral degree in Pharmacy preferred.
2. Experience in retail pharmacy/specialty pharmacy.
3. Experience in Academic medical center pharmacy. 340 Pharmacy experience.
1. Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
2. Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
3. Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
4. Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
5. Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
6. Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
7. Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
8. Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled