ACADEMIC INSTRUCTOR (Math)
Chugach Government Solutions
Job Description About Us
When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS), you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
Responsible for providing integrated academic instruction to students that meets academic competencies listed in the PRH. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
– Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated areas of instruction.
– Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, career and academic training, or study habits.
– Coordinate with team as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
– Develop and prepare lessons. Recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
– Participate in student performance evaluations. Prepare required documentation and evaluations.
– Administer and correct tests. Maintain progress and attendance reports.
– Control use of supplies, materials, and equipment. Recommend purchases.
– Assist in developing community linkages and partnerships.
– Access and train students to use computers and applicable software.
– Teach, model, and evaluate student employability skills.
– Develop and conduct enrichment program as assigned.
– Transport students for training purposes as needed.
– Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
– Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
– Monitor student progress in the program by ensuring compliance with established corporate and DOL Data Integrity guidelines.
– Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
– Coordinate schedule changes as students complete out of the required programs.
– Perform all other duties as requested.
– Bachelors degree in related field.
– One (1) year related experience.
– State of Alaska teaching certificate.
– Successfully pass a background check and drug test.
– Valid drivers license, with an acceptable driving record.
It is CGS, LLC business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ge, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.