Job Title: Production Operator I – Production Technician
We are seeking a Production Operator I – Production Technician for our seed operations business unit in St. Joseph, IL. As a Production Operator I – Production Technician, you will be responsible for packaging seed corn in various package sizes. You will ensure that all packaging equipment is properly maintained and that all safety precautions are in place when in operation. You will also be responsible for applying labels, printing, and any seals properly, and conforming to Corteva standards. In addition, you will stack finished seed safely in the warehouse and communicate storage needs with the warehouse staff.
– Job Type: Industrial Position, Contingent Type: Standard
– Company: Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc
– Location: St. Joseph, IL
– Pay Rate: USD 19.00-20.00/hour
– Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift
– Work Location: 2112 County Road 1600N P.O. Box 1000 St. Joseph IL USA 61873-9600
– Labor Type: Manufacturing
– Positions Requested: 4
– Hours per Day: 8, Hours per Week: 40, Total Hours: 3,840.00
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Review SOPs and WIs
– Assist packaging shift operator with set up and preparation prior to packaging
– Check equipment operation and safety devices to make sure they are working properly
– Check with warehouse personnel to make certain where to stack away packaged seed
– Check all labels, tags, and print to make certain they coincide with the instructions on SOPs or WIs
– Keep packaging area clean and organized
– Assist packaging shift operator with other employees and issues that arise
– Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on packaging equipment during packaging off-season
– Cross-train in all functional areas of the plant at the direction of packaging shift operator or plant management
– Perform other duties as directed by the plant management team
Qualifications & Skills:
– Physically able to lift 75 pounds (bags will be on a table and will slide bags off)
– Willingness to work extended hours during peak seasons, including weekends and some holidays
– Willingness to work shift work and nights
– PC knowledge or willingness to learn
– Communication skills capable of communicating with packaging shift employees, warehouse personnel, conditioning personnel, and plant leader
– Possess organizational and time management skills able to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
– Ability to provide effective employee training in packaging, forklift, and safety training
– Opportunity to work with a leading global agriculture company
– Opportunity for growth and development within the company
– Opportunity to work with a diverse and inclusive team
– Opportunity to work in a safe and supportive work environment
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We believe in providing our employees with the tools and resources they need to succeed and grow within the company. We are also committed to promoting safety and sustainability in all aspects of our business.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here (https://www.mykelly.com/help-support-working-with-kelly-us/#Benefits) for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Get a complete career fit with Kelly ® .
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we’re obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it’s about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It’s the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It’s the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center.
Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.