District Sales Manager
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Responsible for driving and managing the successful execution of General Manager growth goals by implementing sales strategies, New Trade/ Value Added Service plans, and growing sales talent in the district. Orchestrates and leads Account Management team to drive profitable sales revenue and growth. Monitors, analyzes and reports on district sales success and challenges resources to exceed goals. Coaches, mentors, develops and drives accountability with the local Sales Teams. This position requires operation of a company vehicle or a personal vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 80% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Reviews key sales metrics including sales growth, sales category penetration & safety, and gross profit percentage goal. Focuses on areas for improvement and upcoming projects. Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective selling processes and technique
• Leads, engages and inspires team to ensure they are focused on the best opportunities with the highest overall sales potential. Provides regular feedback for improvement and ensures accountability and focus to drive profitable business results. Spends at least 4 days a week with different Account Managers.
• Assesses account manager overall effectiveness and areas for improvement with a “Coach up or coach out” approach. Coaches the account manager on the purpose of sales calls, how to effectively communicate product information to customers and clients.
Coaches the account manager on how to develop profitable long term customer relationships.
• Manages local customer lifecycle to ensure a reasonable account list for each AM (ideally 35-40) cutomer accounts
• Seeks customer feedback overall company performance and develop strategies for improvement if needed. Appropriately shares feedback with Functional leadership to improve customer experience.
• Conducts monthly one-on-one acountability sales team reviews with account managers and other staff.
• Observes how the branch and operations interact with the account manager and vice versa and shares feedback for improvement.
• Facilitates various sales meetings with staff and managers to discuss and understand sales strategies and accountability. Arranges and supports Sales Training, Product knowledge sessions with acount managers, branch managers, and Inide Sales Representatives.
• Set monthly vendor and PSS ride schedule to ensure further product penetration at the customers.
• Ensures positive pricing habits and support MSA 2.0 success.
• Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates to support business objectives. Responsible for succession planning.
• Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective selling processes and technique.
Nature and Scope
Solutions require analysis and investigation.
Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
May be required to work in confined spaces, on ladders and rooftops, and in adverse weather conditions.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7 years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years industry sales experience.
• 5 years experience with area customer base.
• Strong sales management background and recruiting experience.
• Product knowledge and ability to work cross functionally.
• Leadership and coaching experience.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Sales
Recruiter Preissler, Jacob
Req ID WCJR-015739
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.