Operations Controlling Financial Senior Analyst
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Acts as a liaison between the National Operations Committee and National Finance groups.
• Collaborates with other teams such as Buying, Supply Chain, Operations and Finance as needed to answer business questions utilizing analytical approaches.
• Serves as a subject matter expert by providing extensive business and technical analysis based on National Operations Committee needs.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Reviews and analyzes operation and financial KPIs.
• Assists management with financial planning, margin budgeting/forecasting, variance analysis and ad hoc business analysis.
• Leads complex analyses for operations team with actionable outcomes.
• Defines and drives business improvement projects based on collected data, determines and creates required project deliverables.
• Researches, analyzes and explains current and past operational activity, expected sales and margin trends, and potential effect of change. Supports findings and recommendations to clients.
• Maintains a high level of data integrity and takes appropriate action to investigate potential data discrepancies.
• Translates National Operations Committee needs into usable visualization of data interpretation.
• Builds and uses various data modeling methods for the implementation of new reporting and other initiatives.
• Builds and maintains effective relationship with key stakeholders across different functions.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively “get the job done”.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Strong requirement gathering and analytical skills.
• Ability to analyze and report data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
• Ability to identify operational issues, recommend and implement solutions.
• Proactive with strong problem solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with data extraction, analytics and visualization tools such as SQL, Alteryx, Tableau and APT preferred.
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 5%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDIs receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.