Custodian, 3rd Shift
College of Lake County
Custodian, 3rd Shift Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S02470
Position Title Custodian, 3rd Shift
Internal Position Title Custodian
Department Custodial, LSC
Position Type Staff
Job Family Classified LCFT
The Custodian, under the supervision of the Custodial Supervisor, maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the college campuses.
A high school diploma, or equivalent required.
Continuously walking or standing, frequent bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting and occasionally sitting. Ability to push, carry, lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, and over 50 lbs. on an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Knowledge of custodial functions and procedures.
Ability to provide leadership to staff and to follow instructions.
Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date 10/24/2023
Closing Date 11/07/2023
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
Pay Rate $16.70/hour $0.60 shift differential
Total Hours per week 40.00
Monday 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Tuesday 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Wednesday 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Thursday 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Friday 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Software Testing Required None
Interview Process Requirements None
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions
The Custodian’s duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Cleans interior and exterior of all buildings, which includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, buffing, dusting, washing windows, louvers and light diffusers, etc.
2) Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of entrance areas, washrooms, administrative offices, staff/faculty lounges, lunchrooms, corridors and cleans waste receptacles.
3) Assists in snow removal as needed, front entrance and walks.
4) Assists in room and activities set-ups, furniture moves, and stage set-ups, etc.
5) Uses equipment to perform the essential functions of the job, including vacuum cleaner, basic hand tools, walk-behind hard floor scrubber, walk-behind hard floor burnisher, and carpet water extraction machines.
6) Demonstrates solid commitment to the CLC values of integrity, inclusion, unity, purpose, compassion and excellence in student success. Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
7) Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
8) Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities, Shift Supervisor, or the Lead Custodian.
Posting Specific Questions – supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
Are you able to continuously walk or stand, frequently bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist and occasionally sitting, and the Ability to push, carry, lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, and over 50 lbs. on an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
Do you have knowledge of custodial functions and procedures?
Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?