D&W Fine Pack
We have an immediate opportunity for a Slitter Machine Operator. In this function you will operate machinery used in manufacturing high-quality food packaging products.
• Follows plant safety procedures and guidelines
• Know emergency procedures and what to do in the event of power outages, machine failures, workplace injuries, etc.
• Wears and utilizes personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
• Understand and identifies Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
• Informs supervisor of safety issues; reports any workplace injury or incident immediately
• Actively participates in the D&W safety improvement process/activities, e.g. Hazard Identification, Safety Suggestions, Safety Teams, etc.
• Start machines by engaging controls
• Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur and report malfunctions to a supervisor
• Feed and monitor the speed of machines during the production process
• Performs unskilled production work such as feeding machines and packing a wide variety of products
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards
• Maintains his or her work area in neat condition
• Record product, packaging and order information on specified forms and records along with additional documentation as required
• Assists other workers with specific chores as requested
• Follow plant quality practices including Good Manufacturing Practices, or GMP’s
• Supports the Plant’s Food Safety initiatives by completing plant required Food Safety training and by implementing / complying with the required practices.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• Wellness program
• 401K with company match
• Company paid Life Insurance
• FSA (Medical & Dependent care)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Plus more!
Basic Computer Skills: Expert
Must be able to read, write & speak English: Expert
High School or better in General