Job Summary :
The Utility position has primary responsibility for cleaning throughout the plant and scrubber vessels. This involves removing ash and coal dust accumulation and scale deposits using high pressure water blasting equipment. It requires working in hot, dusty and sometimes humid confined spaces. Much of the work is at elevated locations with access provided with scaffolding or available equipment surfaces using safety harnesses and fall protection systems. Utility personnel may assist mechanics in performing routine maintenance and major overhaul of plant equipment. They will be assigned to clean-up, painting, weed cutting and other duties as assigned. Utility personnel operate hydraulic loaders, dump trucks, forklifts and other mobile equipment in addition to using a wide variety of hand tools, and other equipment throughout the plant. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive, and will include other reasonable work expectations as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1. Cleaning of scrubber vessels and other process equipment throughout the plant.
2. Operating hydroblasting equipment.
3. Operating mobile equipment, forklifts, loaders, dump trucks, etc.
4. Operating jack hammers, chipping guns, descalers, etc.
5. Assisting journeyman mechanics
6. General plant cleaning and painting.
8. Erecting pre-engineered scaffolding.
9. Using a variety of hand tools.
10. Experience and knowledge to use many different kinds of tools.
11. Regular attendance and diligent work habits required
1. High School Diploma/GED 2. General knowledge of hand tools, power tools and mobile equipment
2. Valid Drivers’ License
3. Passed or be able to pass the Skilled Trades Testing/EEI MASS testing.
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .
Thank you for your interest in Talen Energy!
Talen Energy is one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. We operate power plants that use diverse fuel sources in the most attractive wholesale power markets, and sell energy to wholesale and retail customers in selected competitive markets. Our passion for excellence grows value through safe and efficient operations. We have an inclusive, diverse, respectful and collaborative workplace, and a strong commitment to innovation, teamwork and integrity. We generate energy for a brighter tomorrow.
Talen Energy is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
If you need assistance with the application process, please email us at TalenEnergyRecruitment@talenenergy.com .