CITY OF BILLINGS
Herbicide Applicator – 2 Positions Available – $19.00 per hour – Seasonal.
The City of Billings, Parks Department is seeking a Herbicide Applicator. This is a 3 to 6 month seasonal position.
– Must meet minimum age qualifications, have a valid drivers license, and a good driving record.
– A good working knowledge of weed control methods, and fertilizers is important.
– Job experience with farming, landscape maintenance, weed management, fertilizer applications, etc. will be given preference.
– Able to work with shovel, rake, weed chopping tools, pruning tools, etc. as a regular part of job routine.
– Capable of considerable walking in work areas during performance of duties.
– Able to perform repetitive motions for periods of 1/2 hour or longer, using various tools and implements for yard work and gardening.
– Able to climb relatively steep inclines and/or ladders.
– Able to do frequent bending at the knees and the waist.
– Able to do frequent twisting or turning of the upper body.
– Able to use power weed trimmers and push mowers.
– Able to do gripping and grasping of tools for periods of 1/2 hour or longer.
– Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
– Able to frequently push and pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds (some picnic tables).
– Able to maintain a safety attitude, watching out for yourself, co-workers, and the public.
– Able to work in adverse weather conditions including; rain, wind, heat, and cold.
– Able to work in an environment with extended exposure to the sun.
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Must understand your role in safety.
– Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
– Identify weeds, and properly mix, transport, and apply the products to control the weeds, apply fertilizer, and keep accurate records of all chemical applications.
– Assist with Park maintenance.
– Wear Personal Protection Equipment when and where required.
– Report to assigned parks as scheduled.
– Become familiar with City, Department, and Division policies with regard to hours of work, reporting illness or absences, etc.
– File daily work sheet.
– Always replace tools and supplies to where they belong.
– Assist in identifying weeds in the parks.
– Determine correct control measures that need to be used to control the weeds.
– Calibrate all equipment used in the applications.
– Accurately apply control methods.
– Record all chemicals applied in the parks.
– Monitor to ensure control methods are working.
– Apply correct amount of fertilizer to the parks.
– Calibrate all fertilizing equipment before use.
– Ensure that all fertilizer is applied in a safe and accurate manner.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Pay Rate: $19.00 per hour.
Equal Opportunity Employer.