JUSTICE COURT CLERK
Yellowstone County is seeking a Justice Court Clerk to perform technical office work in administrative support for the Court relating to the preparation and processing of court cases. This position handles many case management issues as well as an assistant to the judge in and out of the courtroom.
Examples of Duties:
– Attend court and assist the Judge with court proceedings.
– Keep detailed entries of all court hearings.
– Enter court proceedings into computerized information system.
– Prepare and/or maintain court notes, and related court documents.
– Prepare cases for review hearing; assign hearing and trial dates.
– Establish payment schedules; receive payment of court fines, bail, penalty assessments and fees.
– Record, receipt and deposit payments according to established court procedures.
– Graduation from high school or equivalent; and
– A minimum of one (1) years experience in the performance of multifaceted office support or detailed secretarial duties; or
– Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
– Occupational experience in a legal setting or additional training in secretarial and/or office management coursework desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer.