Software Engineer, Metaverse Engine Technology – Reality Labs
Reality Labs at Meta is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most, enjoy top-notch, wire-free VR, and push the future of computing platforms. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content.As a Metaverse Engine Technology Engineer on the Reality Labs team at Meta, you can help build new, innovative hardware and software that radically redefine the way people work, play and connect. What we build today could one day be the norm. So to be here today is to truly be at the heart of change and the frontier of whats to come. Were the people helping to define the metaverse. We may not have all the answers. But together, were getting closer.
Software Engineer, Metaverse Engine Technology – Reality Labs Responsibilities:
1. Architect efficient and reusable systems that drive complex real-time cross-platform applications.
2. Build technologies and SDKs that empower developers to create compelling experiences for the Metaverse.
3. Expand the reach of our products by integrating Meta’s technology into multiple platforms and frameworks.
4. Lead collaboration with both internal and external partners to drive successful product outcomes.
5. Set a high quality bar to make our technology easy and delightful for developers to use.
6. Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
7. 7 years experience as an engineer shipping features within 3D interactive products.
8. 7 years experience with C and/or C# programming or similar programming languages.
9. Experience building systems or engine features within 3D real-time interactive engines (Unity 3D, Unreal, Frostbite, or other/proprietary).
10. Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
11. Experience with PC or game console programming.
12. Experience with virtual reality (Rift, Quest, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.).
13. Experience with augmented reality (HoloLens, Magic Leap, ARKit, etc.).
14. Experience developing SDKs or shared technology that balances the needs of multiple shipping products.
15. Experience working across a mixed technology stack that includes C/C components.
16. Experience with performance optimization of real-time applications.
17. Strong understanding and sense of empathy for AR/VR developers.
18. Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
$172,994/year to $241,000/year bonus equity benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.