PBX Operator (JR23-20770)
Camden Clark Memorial Hospital Corporation
Welcome! Were excited youre considering an opportunity with us! To apply to this position and be considered, click the Apply button located above this message and complete the application in full. Below, youll find other important information about this position.
Responsible for operating appropriate telecommunications equipment to provide communication services for the entire hospital.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
1. High school graduate or GED.
1. Current electronic switchboard experience preferred.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position.They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties.Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operates PBX Console equipment to provide communication service to hospital departments, patient care areas, and physicians.
2. Monitors alarms such as fire, emergency, security, and telecommunications equipment.
3. Announces emergency codes and activates pagers and other communication devices.
4. Identifies problems with communication devices and takes appropriate action.
5. Responsible for daily monitoring of Joint Commission survey schedule and appropriate communication of unannounced surveys taking place at Camden-Clark Memorial Hospital.
6. Documents required information in appropriate logs
7. Utilizes crisis intervention skills when dealing with callers/emergency situations.
8. Performs duties in an autonomous environment.
9. Demonstrates ability to multi-tasking abilities with multiple incoming calls.
10. Records Housekeeping Department call-offs and gives report to Housekeeping Manager each morning.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Cognizant of environmental factors, infection control issues and maintains a safe environment for patient care.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to establish good communication with patients, family members, staff members, and the community.
2. Ability to be scheduled for work based on operational needs of the Department and Service Line hired.
3.Possess the ability to deal tactfully and harmoniously with patients, visitors and staff.
Additional Job… For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)