Social Worker- NE- BSW
Wheeling Hospital, Inc
Welcome! Were excited youre considering an opportunity with us! To apply to this position and be considered, click the Apply button located above this message and complete the application in full. Below, youll find other important information about this position.
Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team with primary responsibility for initial assessments, discharge planning and other case management responsibilities. Will perform case management tasks with minimal supervision consistent with the developmental age of the patients served.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
1. Bachelors Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
2. ORBachelors Degree in related fieldANDOne (1) year related experience in a mental health program preferred in a setting providing acute and/or residential psychiatric care.
3. Must obtain provisional license or be licensed as a Social Worker in the State of West Virginia.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Participates as an integral professional member of an interdisciplinary team led by a psychiatrist.
2. Collects and records data that is comprehensive, accurate and systematic, on the psychosocial assessment form and in progress notes. Correlates all assembled data on the psychosocial assessment and history in a manner that is clinically pertinent to the individual patient..
3. Assesses and documents in the medical record the biopsychosocial needs of the patient, according to the development age of the patient.
4. Participates in Quality Assurance programs.
5. Contacts the referral source(s) and appropriate health professional involved in patients care to inform them of patient status and to obtain any additional information that might facilitate the treatment process
6. Advocates on behalf of the patient to maximize available services.
7. Participates in treatment planning sessions by assisting in development of master treatment plan with specific goals and interventions delineating nursing and social work actions unique to each clients needs and developmental age. Assists treatment team by coordinating planning effort. Assists in determining appropriateness of admissions and receives referrals for social work intervention.
8. Assists patients and families in achieving a satisfying and productive pattern of living through health teaching and documents teaching according to hospital policy.
9. Performs discharge planning as developed with the treatment team from day of admission. Acts as liaison for patients and their families to various community agencies, hospital… For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)