Job Number 23150481
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location CEC Omaha, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
As a key member of the Global Customer Engagement Centers (CECs), the Manager, Finance, CEC Consolidations & Reporting will work with the Director, Finance, CEC Consolidations & Reporting in designing, implementing, and managing consolidated reporting for 20 global CECs. The manager will work across the respective CEC finance teams to develop consolidated reporting/dashboards to facilitate leadership decision-making. The Manager will be a key contributor to the ongoing monitoring and forecasting of financial performance and the development and implementation of actionable recommendations to address identified business challenges and opportunities. The Manager will assist with the CEC enterprise-wide annual budget and long-range planning process to include the timely and efficient execution of these processes. The Manager will coordinate with multiple stakeholders including CEC leadership, Finance and discipline teams, as well as external stakeholders. She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, anticipating challenges, and engaging and partnering with key business leaders and owners, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
1. Develops and provides on-going financial reporting and analysis for the Customer Engagement Centers on a consolidated and site-specific basis.
2. Contributes to the coordination and development of the annual operating and capital budgets for the assigned CEC offices.
3. Develops and provides on-going specialized reporting and analysis as needed (i.e. Loyalty reporting, GL compliance, entity reporting, transfer pricing).
4. Contributes to the coordination and development of the monthly and quarterly forecasts for the assigned CEC offices/departments
5. Prepares and researches monthly variances for consolidated CEC reporting for senior leadership.
6. Ensures company financial accounts are reconciled appropriately and are in compliance with local statutory reporting and US GAAP.
7. Manages the collection of financial data from multiple sources to prepare forecast schedules, accounting entries, researches problems encountered with the data or responds to inquiries regarding the entries.
8. Researches discrepancies and unusual transactions/issues. Identifies errors, assesses the impact of the error and proposes corrections.
9. Partners with CEC, FBP and Global Finance groups, as appropriate, to provide routine and ad-hoc operating results and analysis to leadership.
10. Uses KPIs and other data and reports produced to monitor and forecast financial performance in assigned areas against business plans.
11. Contributes knowledge and partner to deliver the timely and effective execution of the annual budget, forecast and long range planning processes, partnering with finance leadership.
1. Ensures in-depth knowledge and understanding of current processes and tools to facilitate serving as a key resource to FBP and CEC staff.
2. Contributes to budget preparations and/or LRP guidelines for CEC costs.
3. Performs variance analyses and develops/prepares reports required by the FBP-BMSC and CEC teams.
12. Ensures compliance to statutory requirements (e.g. audit, corporate tax, statutory filing, VAT, business tax, employer’s obligations on social insurance/housing fund).
13. Completes ROI calculations and sensitivity analysis for various projects and proposals. This information is shared with the VP of Finance-CEC, the VP of CEC, and the General Managers of all CECs highlighting reservation sales office proficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
14. Provides ad hoc analysis and recommendations to CEC finance and business leaders, market leadership.
15. Conducts evaluations and financial analysis and prepares cost analyses related to various operations. Makes recommendations based upon this analysis.
16. Audits accounts and accounting processes and makes recommendations to improve and streamline processes and ensure appropriate controls are in place.
17. Prepares period end and year-to-date account analysis reports for reservations sales centers.
18. Prepares period end financial statements and billing account reconciliations.
19. Special projects as assigned, including ad hoc requests for information and analysis on closure ratio, booking trends, and impact to CEC due to global crises.
20. Maintains a strong knowledge of key business factors within all CEC Offices and identifies areas of opportunity for cost reduction.
21. Provides analytical support for large, complex, cross-functional CEC related initiatives.
22. Provides on-going operational and business analysis support to senior leadership to support strategic decision making using appropriate approaches, systems and resources.
23. Identifies and surfaces best practices from existing environments and areas of opportunities to increase profitability, reduce risks, and/or improve operational efficiencies.
24. Develops and maintains relationships with various CEC business leaders, immediate supervisor, co-workers, market leadership and the general manager(s) of CEC offices.
25. Performs complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for CEC business leaders. Responds to the more complex questions and problems with minimal guidance from immediate supervisor.
26. Performs financial analysis of actual and future results, by gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks to the business and creatively resolve risk.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting; or related equivalent experience.
2. Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; able to manage, analyze and report on large datasets; able to take complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner
3. Experience with Microsoft Office for data analysis, presentations and memos
4. Experience with Microsoft office applications including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
5. Able to work under limited supervision to solve problems and implement solutions
1. Knowledge of Marriott and hospitality industry
2. 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting and/or lodging related discipline
3. Consulting and project management skills highly valued
4. Peoplesoft experience a plus
5. Extensive experience in data gathering and analysis
6. Experience with Smartsheets and/or Microsoft Power BI a plus
Skills and Knowledge
1. Analytical/Critical Thinking – The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems. Ability to question data for validity and obtain timely closure on related issues.
2. Technical Expertise – Proficient ability to work with multiple relational databases, understanding the logic and complexity of each one and applying that logic to create queries that can be used to manipulate large quantities of data.
3. Customer Needs – Customer-service orientation including evaluation/validation of requests and prompt follow-up.
4. Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
5. Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
1. Teamwork – Skilled at promoting a cohesive team environment. Ability to work both independently and as part of an effective team.
2. Building Credible Relationships – Demonstrates self-confidence and capable of building credibility among peers and senior management, including CEC business leaders, immediate supervisor, market leadership and general managers.
3. Business Acumen : Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of Marriott’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks; identify issues, and recommend strategies and plans.
4. Communication – Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate clearly and present complex issues. Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through telephonic media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message. Must be able to regularly communicate with and provide analytical support to various business leaders and market leadership personnel on findings and analysis. May present findings and analysis to Sr. Leadership.
5. Driving for Results – Skilled at setting goals for personal accomplishment; working tenaciously to meet or exceed those goals.
6. Planning and Organizing – Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and work teams to ensure work is completed efficiently.
7. Problem Solving/Decision Making – Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing and recommending solutions with limited supervision. Able to work with high degree of authority to identify problems and implement solutions.
8. Sales Opportunity Analysis – Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customer needs and issues that can inform sales strategies.
9. Work Contribution – Perform complex quantitative and qualitative analysis. Respond to more complex questions and problems with minimal guidance.
10. Leadership – Provides guidance and training to other s within the organization.
11. Project Management – Handles the most complex analytical projects. Has authority to identify problems, develop and with proper approval, implement solutions.
California Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $144,028.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $158,430.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $89,678.00 to $158,430.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $174,271.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.