Quality Control Technician
At Galvion, we are passionately committed to providing leading-edge solutions and equipment that enhance the overall agility and survivability of the modern warfighter and tactical operator. We are building U.S.-based capabilities in optics manufacturing, machining, molding, and coating that provide custom-designed solutions through precision engineering, hi-tech process, and robust quality management.
Due to continued growth, a unique opportunity exists for a Quality Control Technician to join our team in Marlborough, MA location. In this critical role, you will ensure all required quality specifications for manufactured optics products and incoming raw materials are met and documented.
This role is on a 9/80 work week schedule, with every other Friday off.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will perform, document, and report all manufacturing material inspections and testing activities and assists in identifying causes for poor quality. You will also maintain accurate documentation of all inspection & test results and ensure they are properly recorded. Perform work-in-process (WIP) inspection on semi-finished products, document results as required.
YOU WILL BE EVALUATED ON YOUR ABILITY TO
• Use automated and hand-held instruments to measure optics quality dimensions and take appropriate actions according to procedures.
• Use CMM and hand-held instruments to measure mechanical dimensions and take appropriate actions according to procedures.
• Perform all duties in a timely manner consistent with applicable quality requirements, safety guidelines, and applicable procedures.
• Perform document control duties which include updating, issuing, and reviewing quality documents, and Work Instructions as required.
• Complete all customer required quality forms on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Verify all testing equipment is appropriately maintained and calibrated and that all necessary testing supplies and tools are stocked appropriately.
• Develop a strong knowledge of all standards and specifications which relate to Focused Solutions products.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Significant experience in Quality Control in a manufacturing environment.
• Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent applicable work experience is a plus.
• Understanding of ISO process, certification, and compliance required.
• Experience with optics analytical test equipment is a plus.
• Ability to use standard measuring devices for quality inspections.
• Computer literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, specifically).
• Meticulous, quality conscious, and creative problem-solving approach.
• Optics industry experience is a plus.
You will work closely with accomplished mentor and coach with extensive Quality experience, and a broader team of passionate and driven individuals who are making a difference for our modern-day warfighters.
Galvion provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Galvion complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.