Assistant Manager, Accounting – Financial Reporting & Analysis
Job Number 23144978
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Assistant Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, FR&A U.S. & Canada P&L reporting and be an integral member of the team. This highly motivated individual will have a wide range of responsibilities supporting several key processes, which include reporting and analysis of P&L operating results, assisting in the annual Business Plan and Budget consolidation, support of special projects and team initiatives, as well as responding to ad hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders.
1. P&L Reporting
2. Manage the periodic and quarterly P&L reporting and analysis functions. This includes ensuring activity is recorded in accordance with GAAP, analyzing the profit & loss statements, profit bridges, and other financial and statistical supporting schedules, as well as preparation of variance explanations.
3. Manage the P&L forecasting process for specific financial statement lines, ensuring completeness, reasonableness, and accuracy.
4. Analyze statistical data received from the properties. Determine if all data is being reported consistently. Evaluate and report on trends and resolve issues.
5. Assist in the preparation of segment analysis bridges for continent & senior leadership and to satisfy external reporting requirements.
1. Business Plan and Budget Reporting
2. Manage the end-to-end processes of the annual business plan for assigned P&L line items. This includes partnering with continent and corporate reporting teams to ensure P&L line items and statistical information are properly recorded, analyzed, explained, and supported.
3. Participate in the business plan presentation to senior management.
4. Ensure completion and validation of annual budget spreads recorded to the ledger.
1. Other Additional Responsibilities
2. Prepare schedules required in support of the external audit, including interim and year-end PBC’s.
3. Division owner responsibilities, including serving as a lead for requests received from properties and other corporate departments for system maintenance, comp set changes, operating unit setup approvals, combo edit requests, and chartfield ownership changes.
4. Assist with other FR&A reporting and special projects.
5. Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding updates to financial system metadata.
6. Leverage various reporting tools including HFM, Essbase, SmartView, EPM and others to ensure more efficient and accurate preparation and analysis of financial statements.
7. Maintain various other reporting tools used by the FR&A US & Canada P&L team as assigned.
Skill Requirements :
At least three years of progressive job experience in accounting.
Strong accounting and systems skills. Must have experience with Excel. Peoplesoft and Hyperion (i.e. MIGL, EPM, HFM, Essbase Cubes) experience preferred.
Detail oriented, self-starter, and highly motivated. Proactive in identifying and solving issues.
Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines. Effective in communicating project status and following through on commitments.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of management in a collaborative work environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Positive attitude, a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
California Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to $151,428.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to $137,661.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $85,714.00 to $151,428.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to $151,428.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.