IT Software Engineer – .NET/Web
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, youre part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Responsible for developing enterprise wide cross-functional software solutions, working closely with IT Software Architects and IT Business Analysts technical teams.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Colorado Candidates: Pay range for this position is $60,000- $115,000
1. Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
2. Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
3. Adhere to Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
4. Provide post implementation support including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
5. Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged provide business solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Minimum 3 years of experience in software development with strong skills in at least one key competency.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Strong relational database knowledge.
2. Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
3. Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
4. Working knowledge of the network and/or server infrastructure required to host an application on the platforms in areas of expertise.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skill.
6. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
7. Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
8. Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment. Experience with Agile strongly desired.
9. Ability to obtain a security clearance. US itizenship required to obtain.
10. Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
11. Microsoft .net frameworks (4.5.2 and higher)
12. ASP.net, C#
13. Microsoft IIS
14. REST Web Services
15. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
16. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)