Kenosha Human Development Services
KENOSHA HUMAN DEVELOPMENT SERVICES, INC.
3536 52nd Street Kenosha, WI 53144
Division/Department: Resource Center
Location: Main Office
Job Title: Representative Payee
Reports To: Director of Community Resource Center
Type of Position: Full-time
Schedule: 40 hours per week or as demanded by the job
Salary Range: $46,000 – $48,000 per year
For more information, please click on this link: Representative Payee 5-9-2023 (http://www.khds.org/wp-content/uploads/Postings/292.pdf)
Position assists people to maintain a decent standard of living by ensuring that their Social Security Disability benefits are budgeted, and monthly bills are paid to ensure basic needs such as housing, medical, food and clothing needs are maintained. Position is authorized to act only on matters relating to the beneficiary’s Social Security Administration based benefits.
1. Perform duties related to the administration and upkeep of program records
2. Accurately complete accounting tasks related to receiving and disbursement of funds in the representative payee program
3. Creatively problem solve with consumers to create a livable budget and pay monthly expenses to maintain shelter and meet their basic needs
4. Advocate for the rights of the participant and work with other service providers to further the interest of the participant . This may include obtaining waivers, payment arrangements, and reduction of costs to the participants.
5. Develop professional relationships and coordinate clear communication with service providers and the Social Security Administration
6. Adjust Representative Payee Program policies and procedures to meet the guidelines and expectations of the Social Security Administration
7. Compile information necessary for the completion of required reports
8. Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma required.
1. Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, in the English language
2. Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record
3. Must carry own auto insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 coverage
4. Ability to maintain records and document case notes daily
5. Ability to give and accept feedback as a part of a team
6. Ability to traverse within the workspace and community frequently
7. Be willing to learn and work with the treatment philosophies
8. Bilingual in Spanish a plus
9. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health, physical disabilities, or infirmities of aging preferably in a health or human services setting
10. Understanding the rights of individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health, physical disabilities, or infirmities of aging preferably in a health or human services setting
11. Must be a logical and practical thinker, detail oriented and able to work independently
12. Able to use a computer
Kenosha Human Development Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, or any other status protected under federal, state, and local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR